Terms of Service
Last Modified: March 26, 2019
PLEASE READ THESE CUSTOMER TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY.
These Customer Terms of Service (these “Terms”) constitute a contract between you (the “Customer”) and us, Tell Analytics, LLC, a Vermont limited liability company (“Tell Analytics”). It describes the services we will provide to you, how we will work together, and other aspects of our business relationship. It is a legal document, so some of the language is necessarily “legalese”, but we have tried to make it as readable as possible. These terms are so important that we cannot provide our products and services to you unless you agree to them. By using the Subscription Service or receiving the Consulting Services, you are agreeing to these terms.
We periodically update these terms. If you have an active Tell Analytics subscription, we will notify you of updates via an email or in-app notification. Finally, we know legal terms can sometimes be difficult to navigate, so we wanted to give you a roadmap of the Agreement:
- A. DEFINITIONS. This is where we provide the detail on what the key defined terms in the Agreement mean. You can think of this kind of like a contractual dictionary.
- B. GENERAL COMMERCIAL TERMS. Here’s where you can find the basics about how our Subscription Service and Consulting Services are provided. For example, you can find information on access and acceptable use. These terms apply to all of our products and service offerings.
- C. SUBSCRIPTION TERMS. Customers of ours subscribe to use our software, and there are some fundamental terms that apply to each subscription. There are some differences between the different types of subscriptions, and here’s where you can find that detail
- D. GENERAL LEGAL TERMS. As we mention above, this is a contract, and contracts are filled with legal terms. In this section, we’ve collected the remaining legal terms that make up our Terms.
- E. JURISDICTION-SPECIFIC TERMS. With customers across the globe, this final section is where we address most of the differences in these terms that vary based on customer location.
"Agreement" means these Terms, and all materials referred or linked to in here.
"Billing Period" means the period for which you agree to prepay fees under an Order Form, which will be the same as, or shorter than, the Subscription Term. For example, if you subscribe to the Subscription Service for a one (1) year Subscription Term, with a twelve (12) month upfront payment, the Billing Period will be twelve (12) months.
"Communication Services" means third-party forums, online communities, blogs, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other social media communication facilities (such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) linked to or from the Subscription Service that enable you to communicate with the public or with a private group.
"Confidential Information" means all information provided by you or us ("Discloser") to the other ("Receiver"), whether orally or in writing that is designated as confidential. Confidential Information will include Customer Data and information about the Discloser’s business plans, technical data, and the terms of the Order. Confidential Information does not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Discloser or (ii) was known to the Receiver before receipt from the Discloser.
"Contact" means a single individual (other than a User) whose Contact Information is stored by you in the Subscription Service.
"Contact Information" means the name, email address, phone number, online user name(s), telephone number, and similar information submitted by visitors to your landing pages on the Subscription Service or uploaded by you to the Subscription Service.
"Consulting Services" means the professional services provided to you by us, which may include training services, installation, integration, research, or other consulting services.
"Customer Data" means all information that you submit or collect via the Subscription Service. Customer Data does not include Enrichment Data.
"Customer Materials" means all materials that you provide or post, upload, input or submit for public display through the Subscription Service.
"Enrichment Data" means the data we make available to you as part of the Subscription Service. Enrichment Data does not include personally identifiable information. We may obtain Enrichment Data from public or third party sources and our internal data processes provided from Customer Data.
"Free Services" means the Subscription Service or other products or features made available by us to you on an unpaid trial or free basis.
"Paid Users" means those types of Users (defined below) for which we charge you fees as set forth in our Product and Services Catalog.
"Parties" means the parties to this Agreement, and includes Tell Analytics and you (and each a "Party").
"Order" or "Order Form" means the Tell Analytics-approved form or online subscription process by which you agree to subscribe to the Subscription Service and purchase Consulting Services. Most Orders are completed through our online payment process or via in-app purchase. The Order may be referred to as a "Statement of Work" if you are purchasing only Consulting Services.
"Sensitive Information" means (a) credit or debit card numbers; personal financial account information; Social Security numbers or local equivalents; passport numbers; driver’s license numbers or similar identifiers; passwords; racial or ethnic origin; physical or mental health condition or information; or other employment, financial or health information, including any information subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards, and other regulations, laws or industry standards designed to protect similar information; and (b) any information defined under EU data protection laws as ‘Sensitive Personal Data’.
"Subscription Fee" means the amount you pay for the Subscription Service.
"Subscription Service" means all of our web-based applications, tools and platforms that you have subscribed to by an Order Form or that we otherwise make available to you, and are developed, operated, and maintained by us, accessible via http://www.tellanalytics.com or another designated URL, and any ancillary products and services that we provide to you.
"Subscription Term" means the initial term of your subscription to the applicable Subscription Service, as specified on your Order Form(s), and each subsequent renewal term (if any). For Free Services, the Subscription Term will be the period during which you have an account to access the Free Services.
"Tell Analytics", "we", "us" or "our" means Tell Analytics, LLC, a Vermont limited liability company.
"Tell Analytics Content" means all information, data, text, messages, software, sound, music, video, photographs, graphics, images, and tags that we incorporate into the Subscription Service or Consulting Services, including Enrichment Data.
"Third-Party Products" means non-embedded products and professional services that are provided by third parties which interoperate with or are used in connection with the Subscription Service. These products and services include non-Tell Analytics apps available from, for example, the following: links made available through the Subscription Service and non-Tell Analytics services listed on www.tellanalytics.com.
"Third-Party Sites" means third-party websites linked to from within the Subscription Service, including Communications Services.
"Users" or "User" means your employees, representatives, consultants, contractors or agents who are authorized to use the Subscription Service for your benefit and have unique user identifications and passwords for the Subscription Service.
"You", "your" or "Customer" means the person or entity using the Subscription Service or receiving the Consulting Services and identified in the applicable account record, billing statement, online subscription process, or Order Form as the customer.
B. GENERAL COMMERCIAL TERMS
1. Access. During the Subscription Term, we will provide you access to use the Subscription Service as described in this Agreement and the applicable Order. We may also provide you access to use our Free Services at any time by activating them in your Tell Analytics account. We might provide some or all elements of the Subscription Service through third party service providers.
2. Additional Features. You may subscribe to additional features of the Subscription Service by placing an additional Order or activating the additional features from within your Tell Analytics account (if this option is made available by us.). This Agreement will apply to all additional Order(s) and all additional features that you activate from within your Tell Analytics account.
3. Availability. We try to make the Subscription Service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for planned down-time for maintenance.
4. Consulting Services. You may purchase Consulting Services by placing an Order with us. Fees for these Consulting Services are in addition to your Subscription Fee. If you purchase Consulting Services that recur, they will be considered part of your subscription and will renew in accordance with your subscription.
All Consulting Services are performed remotely, unless you and we otherwise agree. For Consulting Services performed on-site, you will reimburse us our reasonable costs for all expenses incurred in connection with the Consulting Services. Any invoices or other requests for reimbursements will be due and payable within thirty (30) days of the date of the invoice. If there are a specific number of hours included in the Consulting Services purchased, those hours will expire as indicated in the applicable description, which expiration period will commence upon purchase (the “Expiration Period”). If there are deliverables included in the Consulting Services purchased, it is estimated that those deliverables will be completed within the time period indicated as the delivery period in the applicable description, which delivery period will commence upon purchase (the “Delivery Period”). If there is no Expiration Period or Delivery Period indicated, then it will be one hundred and eighty (180) days from purchase. If the Consulting Services provided are not complete at the end of the Delivery Period due to your failure to make the necessary resources available to us or to perform your obligations, such Consulting Services will be deemed to be complete at the end of the Delivery Period. If the Consulting Services provided are not complete at the end of the Delivery Period due to our failure to make the necessary resources available to you or to perform our obligations, the Delivery Period will be extended to allow us to complete such Consulting Services.
We might provide some or all elements of the Consulting Services through third party service providers. Consulting Services are non-cancellable and all fees for Consulting Services are non-refundable.
5. Fees and Payments
a. Subscription Fees. The Subscription Fee will remain fixed during the Subscription Term, unless you: (i) upgrade products or base packages, (ii) subscribe to additional features or products, or (iii) unless otherwise agreed to in the Order.
b. Fee Adjustments in Next Billing Period. We reserve the right to adjust our fees at the conclusion of a billing period. The new fees would not apply until the next billing period. This review and upgrade process will continue for each Billing Period during the Subscription Term.
c. Fee Adjustments During a Billing Period. The Subscription Fee will increase during the course of a Billing Period if you change or add products, or subscribe to additional features for use during such Billing Period. We may choose to decrease your fees upon written notice to you.
d. Payment by credit card. If you are paying by credit card, you authorize us to charge your credit card or bank account for all fees payable during the Subscription Term. You further authorize us to use a third party to process payments, and consent to the disclosure of your payment information to such third party.
e. Payment against invoice. If you are paying by invoice, we will invoice you no more than forty-five (45) days before the beginning of the Subscription Term and each subsequent Billing Period, and other times during the Subscription Term when fees are payable. All amounts invoiced are due and payable within thirty (30) days from the date of the invoice, unless otherwise specified in the Order Form.
f. Payment Information. You will keep your contact information, billing information and credit card information (where applicable) up to date. Changes may be made on your Billing Page within your Tell Analytics account. All payment obligations are non-cancelable and all amounts paid are non-refundable, except as specifically provided for in this Agreement. All fees are due and payable in advance throughout the Subscription Term.
g. Sales Tax. All fees are exclusive of taxes, which we will charge as applicable. You agree to pay any taxes applicable to your use of the Subscription Service and performance of Consulting Services. You shall have no liability for any taxes based upon our gross revenues or net income. If you are located in the European Union, all fees are exclusive of any VAT and you represent that you are registered for VAT purposes in your member state. At our request, you will provide us with the VAT registration number under which you are registered in your member state. If you are subject to GST, all fees are exclusive of GST. If you are required to deduct or withhold any tax, you must pay the amount deducted or withheld as required by law and pay us an additional amount so that we receive payment in full as if there were no deduction or withholding.
6. Use and Limitations of Use
a. Prohibited and Unauthorized Use. You will not (i) use or launch any automated system, including, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that sends more request messages to our servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional browser; (ii) use the Subscription Service in any manner that damages, disables, overburdens, or impairs any of our websites or interferes with any other party's use of the Subscription Service; (iii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Subscription Service; (iv) access the Subscription Service other than through our interface; or (v) use the Subscription Service for any purpose or in any manner that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement.
You may not use the Subscription Service if you are legally prohibited from receiving or using the Subscription Service under the laws of the country in which you are resident or from which you access or use the Subscription Service. The Subscription Service is not designed to comply with industry-specific regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), or the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), so you may not use the Subscription Service where your communications would be subject to such laws. You agree not to use data from the Subscription Service in legal proceedings or otherwise as evidence.
You will notify us right away of any unauthorized use of your Users’ identifications and passwords or your account by following the instructions.
b. No Sensitive Information. YOU AGREE NOT TO USE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO COLLECT, MANAGE OR PROCESS SENSITIVE INFORMATION. WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO COLLECT OR MANAGE SENSITIVE INFORMATION.
d. Third-Party Sites and Products. Third-Party Sites and Products are not under our control. Third-Party Sites and Products are provided to you only as a convenience, and the availability of any Third-Party Site or Product does not mean we endorse, support or warrant the Third-Party Site or Product.
7. Subscription Term, Termination, Suspension
a. Term and Renewal. Your initial subscription period will be specified in your Order, and, unless otherwise specified in your Order, your subscription will automatically renew for the shorter of: (i) the subscription period; or (ii) one year. To prevent renewal of the subscription, the required notice must be provided within the timeframe as specified in the ‘Subscription Types’ section below.
The renewal pricing set forth in your Order will apply, subject to adjustment as specified in the ‘Fees and Payments’ section above. If you use our Free Services, we will make the Free Services available to you free of charge until earlier of (a) the date on which your free subscription is terminated or (b) the start date of your paid subscription.
b. No Early Termination; No Refunds. The Subscription Term will end on the expiration date and, except as expressly provided for in Section 7(c) below, the subscription cannot be cancelled early. We do not provide refunds if you decide to stop using the Tell Analytics subscription during your Subscription Term.
c. Termination for Cause. Either party may terminate this Agreement for cause, as to any or all Subscription Services: (i) upon thirty (30) days’ notice to the other party of a material breach, if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) immediately, if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, cessation of business, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors. We may also terminate this Agreement for cause on thirty (30) days’ notice if we determine that you are acting, or have acted, in a way that has or may negatively reflect on or affect us, our prospects, or our customers. This Agreement may not otherwise be terminated prior to the end of the Subscription Term.
d. Suspension for Prohibited Acts. We may suspend any User’s access to any or all Subscription Services, with or without notice, for: (i) any use by such User of the Subscription Service in a way that violates applicable local, state, federal, or foreign laws or regulations or the terms of this Agreement, (ii) repeated instances of posting or uploading material that infringes or is alleged to infringe on the copyright or trademark rights of any person or entity. We may, without notice, review, edit and delete any Customer Data or Customer Materials that we determine in good faith violate these terms or the AUP, provided that, we have no duty to prescreen, control, monitor or edit your Customer Data or Customer Materials.
e. Suspension for Non-Payment. We will provide you with notice of non-payment of any amounts due but unpaid. Unless the full amount has been paid, we may suspend your access to any or all of the Subscription Services ten (10) days after such notice. We will not suspend the Subscription Service while you are disputing the applicable charges reasonably and in good faith and are cooperating diligently to resolve the dispute. If a Subscription Service is suspended for non-payment, we may charge a re-activation fee to reinstate the Subscription Service.
f. Suspension for Present Harm. If your website, or use of, the Subscription Service: (i) is being subjected to denial of service attacks or other disruptive activity, (ii) is being used to engage in denial of service attacks or other disruptive activity, (iii) is creating a security vulnerability for the Subscription Service or others, (iv) is consuming excessive bandwidth, or (v) is causing harm to us or others, then we may, with electronic or telephonic notice to you, suspend all or any access to the Subscription Service. We will try to limit the suspension to the affected portion of the Subscription Service and promptly resolve the issues causing the suspension of the Subscription Service.
g. Suspension and Termination of Free Services. We may suspend, limit, or terminate the Free Services at any time, for any reason or no reason, without notice.
h. Effect of Termination or Expiration. If your paid subscription is terminated or expires, we will continue to make our Free Services available to you, provided, however, that we reserve the right to terminate the Free Services at any time, for any reason or no reason.. You may request the deletion of your Tell Analytics account after expiration or termination of your subscription by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will continue to be subject to this Agreement for as long as you have access to a Tell Analytics account.
Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, you will stop all use of the Subscription Service, and if we request, you will provide us written confirmation that you have discontinued all use of Enrichment Data (unless, of course, you have a source other than the Subscription Service for such Enrichment Data.) We may or may not provide you the opportunity to retrieve Customer Data after termination or expiration, depending on the type of applicable subscription as specified in the ‘Retrieval of Customer Data’ section below. If you terminate this Agreement for cause, we will promptly refund any prepaid but unused fees covering use of the Subscription Service after termination. If we terminate this Agreement for cause, you will promptly pay all unpaid fees due through the end of the Subscription Term. Fees are otherwise non-refundable.
C. SUBSCRIPTION TYPE TERMS
1. Subscription Types. We offer two main types of subscriptions: (1) Full-Service Subscriptions, and (2) Free Subscriptions. There are different terms that apply depending on the subscription you purchase, and we cover those differences in this section. Unless otherwise agreed to in an Order, the following subscription types apply to the products specified:
a. Full-Service Subscriptions: Access to our paid service and any paid Add-Ons to our Full-Service Products.
b. Free Subscriptions: Products for which you do not pay us a Subscription Fee that we do not otherwise name in this ‘Subscription Types’ section.
2. Limits. The limits that apply to you will be specified in your Order Form or this Agreement, and for our Free Subscriptions, these limits may also be designated only from within the product itself. You must be 18 years of age (or 20 years of age, if you are subject to the laws of Japan) or older to use the Subscription Service.
For our Full-Service Subscriptions, if we make modifications that would negatively impact you, these modifications will not apply to you until the start of your next renewal Subscription Term. On renewal, the current product usage limits will apply to your subscription, unless you and we otherwise agree.
For our Free Subscriptions, we may change the limits that apply to your use at any time in our sole discretion without notice to you, regardless of whether or not these are used in conjunction with other products or services for which you pay us a fee.
3. Downgrades. For our Full-Service Subscriptions, you may not downgrade your subscription and in order to avoid additional charges, you should purchase the appropriate tier of Subscription Service for your anticipated needs.
4. Modifications. We modify the Subscription Service from time to time, including by adding or deleting features and functions, in an effort to improve your experience.
For our Full-Service Subscriptions, we may make changes to the Subscription Service that materially reduce the functionality provided to you during the Subscription Term.
5. Customer Support. We accept email and in-app support questions 24 Hours per Day x 7 Days per Week. Email and in-app responses are provided during phone support hours only. We attempt to respond to email and in-app support questions within one business day; in practice, our responses are generally even faster. We do not promise or guarantee any specific response time. We may limit or deny your access to support if we determine, in our reasonable discretion, that you are acting, or have acted, in a way that results or has resulted in misuse of support or abuse of Tell Analytics representatives. Issues resulting from your use of APIs or your modifications to code in the Subscription Service may be outside the scope of support. We will only provide support for integrations which are listed in-app as being supported by Tell Analytics.
6. Notice of Non-Renewal. Your subscription will automatically renew according to the ‘Term and Renewal’ section above. Unless otherwise specified in your Order, to prevent renewal of a Full-Service Subscription, you or we must give written notice of non-renewal and this written notice must be received no less than ten (10) days in advance of the end of the Subscription Term. To prevent continuation of the Subscription Term of a Free Subscription, you or we may close your account.
D. GENERAL LEGAL TERMS
1. Customer Data
b. Aggregate Data. We may monitor use of the Subscription Service by all of our customers and use the information gathered in an aggregate and anonymous manner. You agree that we may use and publish such information, provided that such information does not incorporate any Customer Data and/or identify you. We may, however, use Customer Data as part of internal data processes to develop and improve Enrichment Data. With these internal data processes, in no event will Customer Data be disclosed, included within or provided to other customers or third parties. For clarity any data provided to other customers or third parties will only be in an aggregated and anonymous manner.
c. Safeguards. We will maintain commercially appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect Customer Data. You consent to the processing of Customer Data in the United States.
2. Tell Analytics’ Proprietary Rights. This is an Agreement for access to and use of the Subscription Service, and you are not granted a license to any software by this Agreement. The Subscription Service and Consulting Services are protected by intellectual property laws, they belong to and are the property of us or our licensors (if any), and we retain all ownership rights to them. You agree not to copy, rent, lease, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Subscription Service, or the Consulting Services in whole or in part, by any means, except as expressly authorized in writing by us. We may update our trademarks at any time without notice to you) and you may not use any of these without our prior written permission.
If we make Enrichment Data available to you, then you may only use that Enrichment Data in connection with your use of the Subscription Service (unless, of course, you have a source other than the Subscription Service for such Enrichment Data.) Enrichment Data may be made available to you based on Customer Data, but we will not use your Customer Data to enrich data for other parties, except as we describe in the 'Aggregate Data' section below. The Enrichment Data we provide may be provided from or through third party service providers or public sources.
We encourage all customers to comment on the Subscription Service or Consulting Services, provide suggestions for improving it, and vote on suggestions they like. You agree that all such comments and suggestions will be non-confidential and that we own all rights to use and incorporate them into the Subscription Service or Consulting Services, without payment or attribution to you.
3. Customer’s Proprietary Rights. As between the parties, you own and retain all rights to the Customer Materials and Customer Data. This Agreement does not grant us any ownership rights to Customer Materials or Customer Data. You grant permission to us and our licensors to use the Customer Materials and Customer Data only as necessary to provide the Subscription Service and Consulting Services to you and as permitted by this Agreement. If you are using the Subscription Service or receiving Consulting Services on behalf of another party, then you represent and warrant that you have all sufficient and necessary rights and permissions to do so.
4. Confidentiality. The Receiver will: (i) protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information using the same degree of care that it uses with its own confidential information of similar nature, but with no less than reasonable care, (ii) not use any Confidential Information for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement, (iii) not disclose Confidential Information to any third party (except our third-party service providers), and (iv) limit access to Confidential Information to its employees, contractors, advisors and agents. Upon notice to the Discloser, the Receiver may disclose Confidential Information if required to do so under any federal, state, or local law, statute, rule or regulation, subpoena or legal process.
5. Publicity. You grant us the right to add your name and company logo to our customer list and website.
6. Indemnification. You will indemnify, defend and hold Tell Analytics, our managers, members, employees, consultants, agents, licensors, and affiliates, (as well as our affiliates’ respective managers, members, employees, consultants, agents, licensors, and affiliates, as applicable), as well as all of our, and each of their, respective successors and assigns (all such parties, collectively, the “Tell Analytics Parties” and each a “Tell Analytics Party”), harmless, at your expense, against any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (each, an "Action") brought against any Tell Analytics Party by a third party not affiliated with a Tell Analytics Party, to the extent that such Action is based upon, or arises out of: (a) unauthorized or illegal use of the Subscription Service by you, (b) your noncompliance with or breach of this Agreement, (c) your use of Third-Party Products, and/or (d) the unauthorized use of the Subscription Service by any other person using your User information. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to notify you in writing within thirty (30) days of our becoming aware of any such claim; give you sole control of the defense or settlement of such a claim; and provide you (at your expense) with any and all information and assistance reasonably requested by you to handle the defense or settlement of the claim. You shall not accept any settlement that (i) imposes an obligation on a Tell Analytics Party; (ii) requires a Tell Analytics Party to make an admission; or (iii) imposes liability not covered by these indemnifications or places restrictions on a Tell Analytics Party without our prior written consent.
7. Disclaimers; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
a. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. WE, ON BEHALF OF THE TELL ANALYTICS PARTIES, MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, SECURITY OR ACCURACY OF THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, DATA MADE AVAILABLE FROM THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, TELL ANALYTICS CONTENT, OR THE CONSULTING SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACES (APIs) MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, TELL ANALYTICS CONTENT AND CONSULTING SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, WITH REGARD TO THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE AND THE CONSULTING SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
b. No Indirect Damages. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL TELL ANALYTICS, OUR MANAGERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND AFFILIATES, AS APPLICABLE, (AS WELL AS ON BEHALF OF OUR AFFILIATES’ RESPECTIVE MANAGERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS, AS APPLICABLE), BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES; PROVIDED THAT, THIS LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO YOU IF YOU ONLY USE THE FREE SERVICES.
c. Limitation of Liability. EXCEPT FOR YOUR LIABILITY FOR PAYMENT OF FEES, YOUR LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE ‘INDEMNIFICATION’ SECTION, AND YOUR LIABILITY FOR VIOLATION OF OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE OTHER TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER PARTY IS DETERMINED TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF A PARTY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF: (i) FIVE THOUSAND U.S. DOLLARS; OR (ii) THE TOTAL AMOUNTS YOU HAVE ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE IN THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO A CLAIM; PROVIDED HOWEVER, THIS LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO YOU IF YOU ONLY USE THE FREE SERVICES, AND IN THIS CASE, IF WE ARE DETERMINED TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE FREE SERVICES, THEN OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS.
d. Third Party Products. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS THAT YOU USE. OUR LICENSORS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
e. Agreement Contingent Upon Liability Limit. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, ABSENT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, WE WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO YOU.
a. Amendment; No Waiver. We may update and change any part or all of these Terms, including the fees and charges associated with the use of the Subscription Service (but, your fees and charges won’t change during the Subscription Term except as we explain in the ‘Fees and Payments’ section above.) If we update or change these Terms, we will notify you via email or in-app notification. The updated Terms will become effective and binding on the next business day after it is posted. When we change these Terms, the "Last Modified" date above will be updated to reflect the date of the most recent version.
If you do not agree with a modification to the Terms, you must notify us in writing within thirty (30) days after receiving notice of modification. If you give us this notice, your subscription will continue to be governed by the terms and conditions of the Terms prior to modification for the remainder of your current term. Upon renewal, the Terms published by us on our website will apply.
No delay in exercising any right or remedy or failure to object will be a waiver of such right or remedy or any other right or remedy. A waiver on one occasion will not be a waiver of any right or remedy on any future occasion.
b. Force Majeure. Neither party will be responsible for failure or delay of performance if caused by: an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; act of God; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage that is not caused by the obligated party; government restrictions; or other event outside the reasonable control of the obligated party. Each party will use reasonable efforts to mitigate the effect of a force majeure event.
c. Actions Permitted. Except for actions for nonpayment or breach of a Party’s proprietary rights, no action, regardless of form, arising out of or relating to this Agreement may be brought by either party more than one (1) year after the cause of action has accrued.
d. Relationship of the Parties. You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between us.
e. Compliance with Laws. We will comply with all U.S. state and federal laws (where applicable) in our provision of the Subscription Service, the Consulting Services and our processing of Customer Data. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. You will comply with all laws in your use of the Subscription Service and Consulting Services, including any applicable export laws. You must comply with all applicable laws related to the recording of phone calls and ensure all proper consent to record is obtained prior to making any such recording. You will comply with the sanctions programs administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. You will not directly or indirectly export, re-export, or transfer the Subscription Service or Consulting Services to prohibited countries or individuals or permit use of the Subscription Service or Consulting Services by prohibited countries or individuals.
f. Severability. If any part of this Agreement or an Order Form is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement will continue in effect.
g. Notices. Notice will be sent to the contact address set forth herein, and will be deemed delivered as of the date of actual receipt.
To you: your address as provided in our Tell Analytics Subscription account information for you. We may give electronic notices by general notice via the Subscription Service and may give electronic notices specific to you by email to your e-mail address(es) on record in our account information for you or through the notifications center of the Subscription Service. We may give notice to you by telephone calls to the telephone numbers on record in our account information for you. You must keep all of your account information current.
i. Assignment. You will not assign or transfer this Agreement, including any assignment or transfer by reason of merger, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of your assets, change of control or operation of law, without our prior written consent, which will not be unreasonably withheld. We may assign this Agreement to any affiliate or in the event of merger, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of our assets, change of control or operation of law.
j. No Third Party Beneficiaries. Nothing in this Agreement, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any third party person or entity any right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
k. Contract for Services. This Agreement is a contract for the provision of services and not a contract for the sale of goods. The provisions of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA), or any substantially similar legislation as may be enacted, shall not apply to this Agreement. If you are located outside of the territory of the United States, the parties agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not govern this Agreement or the rights and obligations of the parties under this Agreement.
l. Authority. Each party represents and warrants to the other that it has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and that it is binding upon such party and enforceable in accordance with its terms.
m. Survival. The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement: 'Definitions’, ‘Fees and Payments’, 'Prohibited and Unauthorized Use', ‘No Early Termination; No Refunds’, ‘Termination for Cause’, ‘Suspension for Prohibited Acts’, ‘Suspension for Non-Payment’, ‘Suspension for Present Harm’, ‘Suspension and Termination of Free Services’, ‘Effect of Termination or Expiration’, ‘Retrieval of Customer Data’, ‘Tell Analytics’ Proprietary Rights’, ‘Customer’s Proprietary Rights’, 'Confidentiality’, ‘Publicity’, ‘Indemnification’, ‘Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability’, ‘Miscellaneous’ and ‘Contracting Entity and Applicable Law’.
n. Precedence. In the event of a conflict between the terms of these Terms and an Order, the terms of the Order shall control, but only as to that Order.
E. JURISDICTION-SPECIFIC TERMS
1. Contracting Entity and Applicable Law. Your physical address determines which Tell Analytics entity you are contracting with for the Subscription and Consulting Services. For this Agreement, “located in” means your shipping or physical address.
If you are located in North America, then you are contracting with Tell Analytics, LLC and this Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Vermont, U.S.A. without reference to conflicts of law principles. For contracts with Tell Analytics LLC, both parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located within the State of Vermont, U.S.A. for all disputes arising out of, or relating to, the use of the Subscription Service or the Consulting Services.